Mark 12:31-32

Mark 12:31-32 - 'And you shall love the LORD our God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' That is the first commandment. "And the second, like it, is this : 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Five Story Pagoda

Quote of the day - Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture - Kak Sri

I think this building is called Five Story Pagoda, an icon of Sensō-ji. I had searched around the net and it seems that I cannot find any leads on the name of this building. This low profile building is standing proudly on the left of Sensō-ji Main Hall, which is more popular among the tourist.

Why I say low profile? As you can see, I got no problem shooting this landmark (Yes its a landmark at here!) with little people inside the frame. If I can wait for another 5 minutes, I can get this picture without anybody inside the frame, but we are kind of rushing on that day. Not much people take notice of this building, and luckily its unique architecture kinda attracted my attention, else I would not have this picture added into my work collection.

The original buildings (Sensō-ji Main Hall and the Five Story Pagoda) was built in 942 by military commander, Taira no Kinmasa but unfortunately it was destroyed by fire after that. Then in 1648, both the structures were reconstructed by Tokugawa Iemitsu and Hozomon but was once again burned down during World War II in 1945. It was declared as national treasure in 1911 before being burned down during the war, thus effort in reconstructing result in both the buildings reconstructed in year 1973 which is standing until today and the top floor now houses the relic of Buddha.


P/S : I think none of us (my Japan backpacking mates) know about the popularity of this building as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment